high street cardigans.

This is a story about 25-year-old girl from one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, Romania. First time I dropped on her blog...



This is a story about 25-year-old girl from one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, Romania. First time I dropped on her blog, I suddenly fell in love with her super pretty outfits and her dreamy photos. Looking through her blog, post by post, makes my heart feel warm. Needless to say, she's very nice to talk with. As I promised you to do a featured blog, I've decided for my very first time to feature Ana-Maria from High Street Cardigans. Check out her interview and I hope you feel inspired =D



What inspired you to start a blog and how did you come up with the name?
People like you, mostly girls who can prove that being beautiful, young and in love with fashion doesn't necessarily means that you have no brain or you lack sensibility. Ohh and the fact that I always loved clothes and accessories and everything girlie :)

Who takes your photos and what camera do you use?
I use a Nikon D3000 and the photos are taken by a good friend of mine who is very passionate with photography, you can see her picture on the sidebar of my blog, her name is Cornelia and she's absolutely the sweetest, so doll like :)



How would you describe your style and where do you get your inspiration from?
My style is mainly lady like, I like being feminine and chic, but it may suffer updates from season to season, for example now I like high heels (which is the feminine touch) but decorated with studs, more like a rock chic touch. My inspiration comes from lots of magazine that I buy and from many creative people, blogs, street style sites , mostly from places that everybody else gets the inspiration from, I'm not that special you know :)

What is your favorite clothing or accessory item in your closet and why?
My favorite piece of clothing I own right now is a black strapless dress that I designed and I call it "the Oscar dress" because I think it looks so glamorous , and I love FOREVER AND EVER my statement necklaces, why I love them? Because they make me feel like a 19th century princess. :)



Are there any this season trends that you are excited about?
Yes, I'm super excited about so many of this season's trends, starting with dots and stripes and ending with wedges (which btw I hated last season :)) and lace, ohh and I don't know if its a beauty seasonal trend but I'm so into red lipstick right now.

What do you think of the street style in Romania? How does it compare with fashion scenes outside the country?
The fashion scene on the streets in Romania is constantly evolving, I see everyday more and more young people who are starting to get out of their comfort zones and take risks, be more creative with their outfits, but we still have a long way to go until we get near Paris or London. :)



What kind of music/movies/books do you like?
Ohh mostly listen 80's music, from rock to pop, it reminds me about the music that my parents listened when I grew up but also like to experiment lots of new age music, like today are so many genres that I just lost track of the, did you guys know that there is a genre called "doom rock experimental" goshhh I'm so old :(, I don't have a favorite movie , I normally watch all kinds of movie besides horror, now because I just love to read I have many favorites, from classics to contemporary, I like Cehov, Beigbeder, Salman Rushdie, Elizabet Gilbert , Kahlil Gibran and also Amy Tan, are a few of them. :)

I think Romania is an interesting country. Do you have any advice or places to recommend for other bloggers who might want to visit Romania?
Regarding question below, Romania is indeed an interesting country and despite the general opinion we do have lots of fun concept stores, cute places to spend free time and Yes we do have Zara and most of the mass market retailers :), but besides this we have lots of beautiful sights and if you visit the right places you can feel just like in a little urban fairytale. So if some of you want to come and visit just let me know and we will meet for tea :). Btw did you know that Bucharest was called "Little Paris" for a long time? They might have had a reason no? :)



After reading her lovely answer, I have another one question. It's literally random and silly question for my featured blog, as a sweet bonus. And it's basically just for fun!

You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go and why?
Marla dear I'll answer you in a second...New York :D , If I could, I would leave tomorrow with my cat in one hand and a bag in the other. Why? Because I always felt that I belong there, don't get me wrong, I'm not imagining myself famous or rich, just had a special attraction for this city all my life :), I could do anything , doesn't matter as long as I'm there :)



Now, drop a visit and just say hi to Ana-Maria on her delightful blog =]


spread your love: bloglovin / facebook / twitter / instagram / lookbook / chictopia / pinterest

You Might Also Like

48 twist and shout

  1. she's such a really nice girl, sweet and calm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she seems to be such a nice girl:)
    and i love all her photos
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Marla you are the best, thank you so much, I'll post it on my blog I hope it's ok.

    I feel so honored to be appreciated by someone with such a great sense of style like yourself.

    Thank you so much
    Lots of hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yepp, great interview. I love Ana and her style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the interview. her pictures give me that warm feeling too!

    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is such a beautiful lady and her style is very feminine. Love the interview. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview! Your right, she has such beautiful dreamy photos. Thank you for the interview, I should have yours up late tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice interview :) shes lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview.
    She definitely is inspiring.I absolutely love her style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love discovering her blog!! What a gorgeous girl and her style is so elegant! Awesome feature and answers!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your interview and it's inspired me. and im still wondering about her wardrobe, it such a kind of heaven int his world <3


    http://atika-amalina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her blog! Great interview. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for introducing me to her amazing blog! She has great style and answers

    -Shoeless Simone

    ReplyDelete
  14. great interview.. and her photos are lovely indeed..
    btw i really love your new layout kak.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Thank you for sharing, Love her photos! :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    ..and welcome back :)

    ART, http://johannaurban.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it!! Hope it will be a very good blog.
    O, I've posted about Back To Childhood and Sweetie Sticker zone

    Wanna exchange link? Mail : icecreamyworld@gmail.com

    Xoxo,
    Creamy
    Ice Creamy World
    Twitter : caramel_manda

    ReplyDelete
  17. wauw these outfits are beautiful ! i totally love it :) xx
    www.maaureeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Marla for this featured interview, this girl is absolutely adorable! how have i never found her blog before?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great interview, she has such great style & love her photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice interview..she has a great style!! :)

    anw, I like your new layout..still clean but fresher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow i loving her style, so stunning and georgeous. Will def check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great interview! You asked questions that really allowed her to shine. All of the pictures you selected are lovely. I'll have to hop on over to her blog! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah! A girl after my own heart. I love NYC!
    Never heard of her before, but these pictures and answers make me love her already! Love your questions =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, thanks for sharing! :]

    ReplyDelete
  25. Her looks are amazing! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  26. loving your bracelet...wonderful photos
    you have a great blog, keep it up
    thanks for your sweet comments as well!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. love her style so much! nice posting :)

    btw i love the new versicle :)


    i have a new posting please visit if you want:

    http://risingecha91.blogspot.com

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing interview! This lady has got style, that's for sure.. she seriously has beautiful clothes

    ReplyDelete
  29. she has a great sense of style indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just came across to wish you an amazing week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG! i love ur outfit, and ur blog! A kiss from Venezuela! :)

    Fashion For Me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. she has great personal style. thanks for the interview!

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post!
    She has a great style and seems to be such a great girl!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just read an great interview of you on the blog Starship Narcissus, and you looked so freakin' gorgeous and stylin' that I had to come over to peek at your blog. And here, I find ANOTHER beautiful blogger to discover from your interview of her.

    Hello. You rock. Nice to meet you. -Bella Q
    http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. i just checked her blog !
    and i super love it !!
    she's got superb style !

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is a great interview!
    she's got such gorgeous style :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. what a lovely post! she looks like she has GREAT style!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice interview, I like her style!

    ReplyDelete
  39. follower too. . ^_^
    Wanna exchange link? Mail : icecreamyworld@gmail.com

    Creamy
    Ice Creamy World
    Twitter : caramel_manda

    ReplyDelete
  40. great blog- she looks great!
    xx ediot

    ReplyDelete
  41. love her style!and i like your new layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love all she's got on especially that pair of tunics and leggings, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

P.S. I Love You.