the tenenbaums.

Richie : You dropped some cigarettes. Margot: Those aren’t mine. Richie: They just fell out of your pocket. ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Richie: You dropped some cigarettes.
Margot: Those aren’t mine.
Richie: They just fell out of your pocket.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry for posting tons of images but I can't help it. It's absolutely one of my favorite editorials, ever. Featured models here are Hanne Gaby Odiele, Jacquelyn Jablonski, Lindsey Wixson, Tina Barney, Valerija Kelava, and Vanessa Reid. This POP magz spread is cleverly inspired by one of my all-time favorite movies, The Royal Tenenbaums.

The Royal Tenenbaums is Wes Anderson's laugh-riot masterpiece that picks up on genius gone wrong theme and expanded to "wacky family" story, featuring Anderson's favorite actors like Bill Murray, Angelica Houston, and Wilson brothers. This movie is cheerfully quirky and eccentric, in a good way. Not to mention, the soundtrack is awesome! Including my fave old music such as The Clash, The Velvet Underground, The Rolling Stones, Nico, and Bob Dylan. Oh, and my fave character is absolutely closeted-smoker and creepy-looking Margot, which is very well played by Gwyneth Paltrow. See this movie yourself and tell me, which one is your fave character? ;D

ps. I'm currently in Bandung and I stay here until tomorrow. Last nite, I saw Copeland concert and they was freaking awesome. Full report (hopefully) pronto and hit me @theversicle for freak updates or if you want to arrange a meet-up ;D


spread your love: bloglovin / facebook / twitter / instagram / lookbook / chictopia / pinterest

You Might Also Like

51 twist and shout

  1. agree, great editorial!
    I'll watch the movie:))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrat posts ;DD
    wonderful pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats with your 100th!
    Haven't seen the movie but the ed is beautiful and weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw the film as well - it was so cool!

    there's something both odd and fantastic about these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nah, it's okay. :D
    ka marla, it's totally okay. i know it's kind of a discussion and it's truly alright, even it's awesome to get a point of your view.
    i'd love to have critics, so don't even think that i'm kind of mad or sth like that. i'm totally not, :D

    in the meantime, wanna exchange link?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a really inspiring editorial!
    The Royal Tenenbaums is a classic!

    Coincidentally I just bought the special edition DVD several days (only $3 at Goodwill!) and my friends and I just watched the movie :]

    -Juliette WhereForArtThouRomeo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great editorial! Thanks for sharing :D

    http://flashfashfash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats of the 100th posts!
    keep on writing kak thika :D

    and wish you to be here really soon :)

    xx
    .thefashiondreamerstories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, margot would probably have to be my favorite character too! she's so edgy. this movie is one of my favorites too.
    that editorial is amazing, it perfectly depicts it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen a lot of romantic comedies lately... I really need an eccentric movie :p I hope to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it must be very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindsey Wixon is gradually becoming one of my favourite models!

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an original fashion editorial!
    huummm... about the movie, I watched it when I was very young, so I don't remember much about it.
    But I do remember that I liked Gwyneth Paltrow's character best. I liked how she would lock herself in the bathroom and just layed there soaking in the tub.
    I remember I thought she was very clever for bringing a T.V. with her for watching it while bathing LOL and wished I could do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this. and the royal tenenbaums!
    and copeland! awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this movie is brilliant!!!
    and the styling and set was amazing..
    the editorial inspired by the royal tenenbaums is awesome...now, i gotta' find me a place with vintage wallpaper where i can have a shoot with my friends...

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing photographs, your blog is fabulous =)

    Stop by our new fashion blog, we hope you love it !

    xx .sabo skirt.

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool editorial. congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such great styling in this editorial. I really love all the looks.
    Congrats on 100!

    xx
    Nikki
    http://styleandcharm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your 100th post :) Great editorial!

    ReplyDelete
  20. amaze pics!! & well done on reaching 100, that's dedication. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow love all the photos!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is suuuch an epic movie, what a phenomenal editorial!!! xxx Congrats on your 100th post darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos! Really inspiring editorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing editorial. You probably won't believe it, but I never watched The Royal Tenenbaums, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brilliant!!
    I lve that movie, and I love how they worked in the shoot with it.
    The styling is amazing too.

    THanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cool is that?! What a funky inspiration for one very amazing editorial - That's really funky!
    :-D Nete

    ReplyDelete
  27. holy crap i love this! such a great fashion movie & equally great fashion editorial :) hope you're enjoying your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  28. im in love with this photo sets !
    thanks for the sweet comments :) :)
    glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. inspirational!

    thanks for your sweet comment!

    hugs and kisses,
    NORA
    Fashion Fantasy Land

    ReplyDelete
  30. All of this photos are amazing.Can't decide which one is my favourite..

    ReplyDelete
  31. absolutely great & fantastic pics!!!wish you a wonderful evening!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  32. cute blog! I LOVE THE TITLE!
    I opened a new fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)

    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on the 100th post :)
    Great editorial!

    ReplyDelete
  34. ONe of my favorite movies and I love the preppy vibe of these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. great editorial. i LOVE that movie

    ReplyDelete
  36. please don't just go to bandung, come hit the big city next month.. i'll be back in 5 weeks and i really wanna score a meet- up with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. all of these photos are just stunning!
    -Yaary.

    ReplyDelete
  38. this editorial is kind of amazing.
    I'm watching Royal Tenenbaums in art class next week, i'm extremely excited.
    Congrats on your 100th post and thanks for visiting my blog!
    THESE COLORED SHADOWS

    ReplyDelete
  39. lovely picts!!
    so vintage, love it :)

    XD nathalie
    natzcracker

    ReplyDelete
  40. GREAT editorial
    loving those leather chaps
    fabulous!
    thanks for sharing as always
    and i appreciate the sweet comments, means the world!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. really great editorial!

    ReplyDelete
  42. congrats on your 100th post! :D i just love everything you like. hahahaha lovely editorial. really are unique and catchy. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. awesome editorials :)
    and congrats for the 100th post :)

    cheers for the nice comments :)
    have a great TGIF !
    glistersandblisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. nice post! i really love the editorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love that great editorial
    nice to see your blog

    btw, I'm new in fashion blogging. And need some comments or advices.. Would you like to see my blog? I'll appreciate it soo much.

    THanks,
    Nitya

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love that great editorial
    nice to see your blog

    btw, I'm new in fashion blogging. And need some comments or advices.. Would you like to see my blog? I'll appreciate it soo much.

    THanks,
    Nitya

    ReplyDelete
  47. love that movie. great idea for a photo shoot. Did you get the interview questions? No hurry I just wanted to make sure you got them.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Luved the editorial!! Hope u are having a lovely wknd xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow!lovely pictures!so inspiring me. i love every single pieces in those sheets

    ReplyDelete

P.S. I Love You.